Would you like to receive accredited youth training and fantastic professional and personal development support, including to find employment? Mindkit regularly looks for new young people who would like to train as Volunteer Youth Wellbeing Trainers. Youth Wellbeing Trainers deliver Wellbeing and Resilience sessions to groups of young people in the London boroughs of Bromley, City and Hackney, Harrow, Lewisham and Richmond.
Volunteer Youth Wellbeing Trainers have had experience of their own mental health difficulties and are largely aged between 16-30 years. These two factors help volunteers best relate to young people in Mindkit Sessions.
What you will gain from volunteering
- University accredited training
- Valuable work experience in education and health settings
- Reasonable expenses paid
- Professional support for the Trainer role and to find employment
What we need from you
- Have lived, personal experience of stress, anxiety, depression or other mental health problems
- Have an interest in wellbeing and mindfulness
- Be able to relate to young people aged 14-25 years old
- A commitment to volunteering with Mindkit for 1 year (1 day per week for 13-15 weeks’ training, then 1 day per month).
How to apply
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer Youth Wellbeing Trainer for Mindkit, you will need to complete an application form, attend an interview and undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Volunteer recruitment dates will be advertised on our blog.
If you just want to express your interest in applying for the role in the future, please contact the person in the borough you are interested in on our contacts page.